Saturday, April 5, 2014

Good 'ol Peanut Butter.

My all time favorite sandwich is peanut butter sandwich. Not hamburger nor ham nor chicken.

I have childhood memories of buying peanut butter in the neighbourhood convenience store early  mornings, with my older sister in tow. She'd purchase coco-jam, and I'd be with my peanut butter.

But at home, my Aunt or Mother always prepared heavy breakfast of rice with fried fish or left over meat dish, with egg omelets, bread and coffee. So my peanut butter sandwich was only a pre-breakfast treat.

Fast forward into adulthood and my love for peanut butter has not waned a bit. I make it as breakfast, snack or even regular meal when I first found out I was high on blood sugar. Of course I choose a brand with low sugar and low sodium contents.

Do other people have romance with peanut butter. Yes, think of the late Rock N' Roll King, 
Elvis Presley. He loved peanut butter sandwich, and he'd put slices of banana on top of the spread. 

Waking up at odd hours in the evening, I'd snack on peanut butter.

Peanut butter is also an ingredient in most Thai food which I love; the local delicacy, kare-kare, a mixture of ox tail, beef, and vegetables is also rich in peanut butter.


No comments: