Sunday, July 21, 2013

Living Rock N' Roll.



My older sisters grew up with the music of Ricky Nelson, Paul Anka and Elvis Presley. I barely recall Ricky Nelson but could still remember the LPs and 45's of Paul Anka which my sister Sonia kept and played in the gleaming turn table in our living room.

Of Elvis Presley, I remember our laundry woman's daughter showing off her idol's 4 X 5 color photo which she brought with her whenever she ironed our pile of clothes. And course, my aunt took me and my sis Jo to the movies of Elvis at the Ideal and Ever theatres in Avenida Rizal.

I was listening to old music at the RJ station the other day and heard of an Elvis Presley night at a local bistro housed in a big hotel. That would be in August, the birth month of The Rock N' Roll King. 

I love the Elvis Presley songs which can accompany boogie dancing especially Blue Suede Shoes. 

Let's rock. Let's boogie.





No comments: