Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I forgot about Spike...err...Shadow.

My sister who''d been baby sitting Shadow called while I was in Montreal and asked how I was. After I put the phone down, I realized I didn't even ask about Shadow. Poor thing! How ingrato his Canadian amo is ; totally forgetting the mini pin.

Now back in Toronto I suddenly realized I miss Shadow a lot. The only consolation I have is that when I entered the house, Tommy Boy welcomed me right away with his "clack clack sound." The curtain was drawn so I pulled it aside and turned the spot light on him and J-Lo.

I'm glad to be back in Toronto. The airport in Montreal was like an Eastern European port; security check was so heavy. Must be because of the travel season - a lot of folks travelling to Mexico from the Montreal area.

I thought travelling locally across Canada wouldn't have any security nightmare; was I wrong. In the U.S., if you're travelling across the States, you never go thru the same strict security check as when you are going international.

It was good I checked in my small luggage and just carried two small black bags (my CPAP) and a small backpack. The security thought I was travelling with the family behind me - Mom with three little tykes - and when I answered "No," he retrieved the bag he just let through and re-inspected it thoroughly.

Glad it was over, and I'm glad to be in the City of Toronto again.

BTW: The Brit guy, Murray won the Canadian Tennis while I was there visiting. Also while in Montreal I tried to send in some of my good ideas to a local post, but my log on was rejected. My only consolation - nothing.

No comments: