Sunday, August 30, 2009

Where art thou Sunflowers?

by Gener

Around the bend in Oglebay
I drove years and years ago,
To deposit the boys in a boarding school, such a place near Ohio,
Then I got into a plane, slipped away in a hurry
Boasted 'was in Big Apple's neigbour
In many years before.

Whence I moved to Toronto
On a red Isuzu,
The border patrol looked at my visa
And said you, there go,
I drove past the line, yelled on top of my lung
Here, I am past Buffalo
'Thee dream just finally came true.

Why, here, just now
I'm 'bout to fly again in 'morrow,
'Am taking a Northwest jumbo
my body's got used to,
Tho' still sick to the stomach I must
bid an adieu,
My momma waits for me
she's sick,
Momma is, you know.

Must this fellow be a huge clueless
In a scheme he 'tempts to,
Sleepless, directionless
how can it be so,
So?
'Fortnight he told himself, alas
Surely I must go,
To recite a lovely song
In commune with divin'in pro.

But the wind changed its course 'ruptly
and hit like a hurricane,
On this eve of my sail
I hope to surmount 'tis will,
My compass has jammed ill
My map's a bit wet
My boat's stuck in the mud
Better be back on a plane.

Lead 'ee to a point, where I go,
In the mountain
Or train depot?
Across a tall building, in a mall,
In layers of condo?
Under a bridge,
In a meadow?
Surely gotta know -

Could it be below a pass?
Beneath a hospital, perhaps
Along a racetrack,
Within hotels?
Past a church, near a bank
Beyond the north or the south,
In the hills or the mound?
Ain't it funny,
Oh no!
My clock runneth low.

Simply mind the woes I wrote
Which received 'ee promise of gold,
Take the words which kept aflowin'
And got the future clearer,
The omen 'ee once told
Thine be pursued with an amen,
The passion of 'mee poems
Shall be lived in soul of 'thee each other.

No comments: