Thursday, October 15, 2009

Be healed.











Father Fernando Suarez is a Fil-Canadian priest, well known for his healing masses. His foundation is spearheading the construction of Monte Maria, a village soon to rise in Batangas City which will boast of the world's highest statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

I remember a well-known female writer who recently wrote about the lack of historical and important edifices and landmarks in the Philippines in her newspaper column;  I guess this is an answer to your "dream."  

I have never attended any of Fr. Suarez' healing masses in Canada.  But today, I did. At the Our Lady of Fatima Church in Bangkal, Makati.

A friend got us tickets for the mass, so we drove, got lost and finally found the church located in Capinpin, an area where the streets are named after famous Filipino generals, like Gen .Tinio, Luna, and Lucban.

The church was in the interior of one-way streets near a Police Station.  By God's grace, we reached the place at exactly 10 am, found a parking spot in a side street and as we approached the church, the group of Fr. Suarez was entering the church premises.

Fr. Suarez' homily was both funny and a bit scathing; he talked about the country as being the only Catholic nation in the Far East and yet, the most corrupt.  Where churches and communities, while professing their faith, also have neigbourhoods and church leaders who fill their time with gossips and acting like the Pharisees - the know it alls. 

I agreed to attend the healing mass because of my mother's condition and ailment; I was told to bring a photo of my mother which I offered to Fr. Suarez so that she may be "healed" of any pain and physical suffering that she may have.

When it was my turn to be "touched" by Fr Suarez, he asked what ails me;  As I have many, I told him of one - my right ear which lost some hearing to a motorbyke accident ( I was a passenger and it landed on its side so I broke my right big toe and hit my ear in the pavement which resulted in impaired hearing).

Fr. Suarez blew air into my right ear and touched my upper torso.  I felt good and from what I can tell, my hearing in my right ear has improved.  Previously, I can hear fine all the sound, even the faintest ones - but I find it difficult sometimes to hear the exact words, especially if I don't wear my eyeglasses, and if people don't enunciate properly.

Thank you, Fr. Fernando and Praise God!

Some people got "slain," which I've never experienced personally.

On the way back to Sucat, we ate at Glorietta in Makati; it was so different from the Glorietta I saw in 2005.

I salivated for siopao and mami at Kowloon, and also for buchi.

The day was complete.  Healing is what I really needed.  From a lot of things. 

3 comments:

Lyssie said...

Wasn't this a wonderful experience! We has an awesome turnout when he came to our parish, St. John Vianney, a couple of months back, and indeed God's healing hands worked through Fr Sanchez even with some skeptics. Let's remember Fr Suarez's very important message: that he is just an INSTRUMENT, a messenger! KEEP THE FAITH! Have you gone to the shrine of Mary?

Brother Marty said...

I know nothing of Father Suarez except what I read on the Internet. But what I read is all good, always. As is God good, always, so are those who serve Him! Amen to Father Suarez in his relationship to the God we all serve.
Amen and Amen!

Lyssie said...

Editing issue! Fr. Suarez, not Sanchez! I didnt even notice the error the first time!