Saturday, October 10, 2009

Stop and Go.

Scene in Sta. Cruz, Manila

I drove my bro in law to the airport the other day, with my sis (his wife) in tow. His flight was at 12 noon so we had to be there at 9 am. We left the house at 7 am after a mass.

Commonwealth and EDSA were already a traffic nightmare. My sis gets dizzy easily, so she chews on gum and sometimes takes Dramamine to ease the condition. She complains about the stop and go driving in Manila which exacerbates her pain.

Stop and go. Some relationships fall under this category; whether in business or in personal levels. Some women and even some men, seem to enjoy the uncertainty or excitement of such a relationship. Okay one moment, unsure the next minute.

My nephew in Seattle prefers a Filipina girlfriend for a wife, so he's still looking. But he complained to Mom one day. " I can't understand Filipina women. They seem to say one thing when they mean another thing. How can I know?"

His Mom advised him. "Anak, talagang ganyan ang mga Filipina, hele hele bago quiere."

That's so Sylvia La Torre. But I agree. Even today's Filipina sometimes falls under this category. My apologies to those who don't. Or maybe, this is what makes the Filipina so intriguing, so exciting, so beloved. And so DIFFICULT.

Stop and go. Why? The traffic lanes are crowded, don't you want to get ahead? Let's just VROOM... and be on another planet in another universe.

Time is gold. Hello.

No comments: