Saturday, October 24, 2009

Riot.




The other night we checked the Laffline at Timog,  My sister gave me a booklet of tickets for the Metro Bar, Laffline and Punch Line.  

There were some funny gags, but most were crude and gay jokes.  The finale had the s/he male, Anton Diva, a stunning gay singer with various recordings to her/his name.  If you didn't know she was a he, you might even ask her for date.

What I didn't also like in the show was the incessant request (joke only kuno) for money from the various members of the show. Each time a viewer requests for a song, the performer would jokingly ask for cash.

I found it crude and sapilitan.  They might want to change strategy and just announce at the start that each song request would cost, say, two hundred pesos. Or they can pass out a hat or jar and ask for tips.

Tonight, we went to see RJ and his band (the Riots) at the RJ Bar in Bel Air. 

Whenever I am in Manila, I make it a point to watch Ramon Jacinto perform live.

As usual, his music is my type of dance music.  Very guitary.  Very danceable.  I was able to dance a couple.  It was enough to make my day.


No comments: