Thursday, October 1, 2009

My Own Search and Rescue Op.

LEFT - Along the stretch of  Sandoval in Cainta.


Funny how a month into the country of birth could transform people's lives.  I got here last 3rd September with a heart full of anticipation - unsure of how things would shape up in the home front.

Back in TO, days and nights spent composing blogs borne out of inspiration and frustration, became days and nights in Manila composing limited notes borne out of frustration.

People dissappeared and appeared in my life.

Our relatives seen years and years before visited my ailing mother; friends appeared and important people in my life sent signals that either went strong or kaput.

Then "dilubyo" in the form of Ondoy came.  People within my circle got displaced;  I got displaced.  

Thousands of miles from Toronto to Manila -  I have been conducting my own search and rescue operation. And if my heart goes out strong still, I pray that no amount of negative emotional/weather report would dampen this search and rescue op. 

I don't know how this episode would end.  I don't even know if you would be interested in saving or rescuing a person's life. 

It is not just the other person's life on the line; it may also be yours, in the long run.  Think about it.  Seriously. 


No comments: