Friday, October 9, 2009

English Dictionary and Other Reference Books.

At home, I always have an English Dictionary and two reference books on hand although the Internet is the powerful tool to check on words, usages, and almost any stuff.

When my brother was just a toddler, we used to read him the Art Linkletter Encyclopedia, a set my father purchased from a friend.  I was engrossed in these books, where I first learned the word Aardvark. 

And I remember checking out my eldest sis' medical books to look for anatomic parts and other interesting medical topics and pictures.  

Sesame Street came on TV when I was much older so I didn't benefit from their learning mode. But right now, my nephews and nieces' children watch kids' learning channels relentlessly.

Bert and Ernie are  interesting Sesame Street characters, so is Count Chocula.  I am dying to find out how Bert became such an interesting persona, and why Count Chocula was counted out even before the first round got started. 

There is a 10 peso movie festival happening at the SM Sucat cinemas.  Journey to the Centre of the Earth and Narnia are two of the films showing.  Which reminds me, I am a great company in movies, a good coffee mate, an easy  walking partner, a willing listener.  I talk, sometimes, too. And a lot more stuff I can do well.  Like cooking.

More references and guides make life easier and the learning and life experiences - much better. 

C'mon. I'm from Canada. Where the Native Indians used smoke signals. 

No comments: